TRANSFORM YOUR BELIEFS
We are bombarded all the time by new information and tips on nutrition and eating habits. In this module, we will take a break to reflect and to make peace with our food. Your transformation begins here.
– Eating Pleasure: Often overlooked or even repressed, the pleasurable eating experience is the key to a healthy relationship with food.
– Habit Changes: You can change your routine and adopt healthier habits.
– Say “No!” to Diets: Restrictive diets may have quick results, but they are hardly sustainable in the long run. In addition, they increase your risk of future weight gain (the Yo-Yo Effect) and can even cause eating disorders.
– Nutrition Myths: Let’s de-construct various nutrition myths for eating well and without fear.
TRANSFORM YOUR FOOD
In addition to learning more about nutrition, you will discover Nutrigenomics, a new science that will help emphasize the importance of paying attention to food quality.
– Eat Better, Not Less: Instead of cutting foods from your daily diet, try to diversify and focus on eating fewer processed foods.
– Our Beloved Food: There is no “good” or “bad” food. There is food. Period.
– The Three Food Groups: Let´s understand the 3 food groups and the role that each plays in a healthy diet.
– Nutrigenomics: An introduction to the science of how food “talks” to our genes and what that means in practice.
TRANSFORM YOUR BRAIN
Your brain controls everything, including your weight. Understand why it is important not to stress your brain with dietary restrictions. We will talk about factors that influence your weight, the different types of hunger and we will also introduce you to Neuroscience.
– Your Brain Controls Everything: Your “animal” brain is always on alert for your protection. You will understand why it is essential to reassure your brain that you are safe.
– How Our Weight Works: This calculation goes far beyond the difference between what we eat (calorie intake) minus what we burn off (exercise). You will see it is not as simple as “eat less and exercise more.”
– The Types of Hunger: Learn to identify the various types of hunger. We will also talk about ways to reduce emotional eating.
– Love your body: Stop fighting with your body and how it looks! You have to love it and begin listening to it again in order to understand and correctly respond to the signals it is sending to you to feel hunger and satiety.
TRANSFORM YOUR KITCHEN
I have three tips for you: “No restrictive diets”, “Eat real food” and “Cook”. Cooking is very beneficial, as proven by research. In this module, I will give you tips to make your life easier and show how you can cook on a day-to-day basis without having to be, or hire, a four-star chef.
– Tips to help you better organize your kitchen.
– Tips to help you better plan your grocery shopping and your week.
– Simple recipes to prepare.
TRANSFORM YOUR BEHAVIOR
When it comes to improved eating quality, your behavior is as important as the nutrients themselves. Here, I will address topics of Sociology and Neuroscience to help you reflect upon and improve your transformation.
– Why I Eat Like This: The act of eating has several dimensions: what, how, why, how much and with whom. In this topic, we will see why all of them are important.
– “Is Food Addictive?”: Have you heard this before? The truth is that food is not addictive, but you must be careful with certain things, such as sugar for example.
– Mindful Eating: You will learn about the technique that teaches you to listen to your body while eating.
– Binge Eating: Here we deal with a common eating disorder, a risk that is greatly increased as a result of restrictive diets.
TRANSFORM YOUR LIFE
Here I will list 7 (seven) secrets to consolidate your transformation. They are the keys that will help you fully transform your life by allowing you to make peace with your body and changing your eating patterns to enable you to reach a healthy weight while rediscovering pleasurable eating.
There is a bonus at the end of the program!
– A video with my special tips for children to help you extend what you have learned to your loved ones so that they can develop a lifetime of healthy eating habits. Help them avoid eating disorders, so common in youth today.
– An audio on how to relax and further ease your way into a happy and stress free relationship with food and the scale.